Sonya made a “heart with sprinkles” and a stick twined with felt and little flowers at Miss Katya’s daycare. Unfortunately, the heart blew away from the stroller and some of the “sprinkles”, which are bits of colored Easter eggshells, came unglued. And then another parent came to my house and left with my stick, so I don’t have it anymore. But they were both lovely gifts!
This weekend, we had Sonya’s friend Ella come for a sleepover while her parents enjoyed a quick getaway. We took several trips to the playground, ate dinner outside, and passed the time enjoyably.
It still took a lot of energy keeping up with two potty-training toddlers. I don’t know how mothers of twins do it!
Over the past three years, I’ve really grown into my role as a mom, and I feel inspired, rewarded, and fulfilled— 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, I want to bang my head against a wall.
I got breakfast this morning— just like I wanted. Scrambled eggs with cheese. Fresh-made scones. Raspberries. After that, it was a typical day. With an extra kid. I better get to sleep because tomorrow is a work-in-the-office day!
I am so grateful for my daughters’ grandmothers, aunts, caregivers, and my fellow moms who share this remarkable journey with me. I am humbled by my imperfection and stupidity— but I’m so grateful that I get a chance to be Sonya and Leena’s mom. They are my blessings and my treasures. Always. Forever.